Driving Instruction on the Archbishop Hannan Campus
Archbishop Hannan High School has contracted with Precision Driving Academy to provide our students with a drivers education training program. This course consists of 30 classroom hours of instruction, as well as 8 hours of actual driving practice. In order to take this course, Louisiana State law requires students to be at least 15 years of age. Once completed, each student will receive a certified “Certificate of Completion” from Precision Driving Academy. Specific course highlights include:
- Classroom Instruction Segment Held on the Archbishop Hannan High School campus
- Louisiana Certified Public School Instructor - One On One Drives - Pick Up Service For Scheduled Drives
- Night Time Practice Drives*
- Adult Male & Female Drive Instructors - Vision Impairment Goggle Evaluation
- Driving Manual Included
- 1 Hour Driving Simulator Evaluation*
- 2 Hour Emergency Class*
- Online Drive Time Schedule – Drive times and dates are scheduled by the parent or student after the first day of class on our convenient online schedule.
Course components marked with an * pertain to the $500 level course.
Precision Driving offers courses at two levels:
- Basic 3o hour classroom instruction + 8 hours driving practice: $350
- Everything provided in the basic course+ 2 hour vehicle emergency course, night time driving instruction and 1 hour use of driving simulator: $500.
Please make all checks payable to Precision Driving Academy.
Registration and Course Information
- Register for the program using the Precision Online Registration form. Click here to register.
- Remember to arrive 10 minutes early to complete registration. (parent/guardian must be present).
- Students must present a copy of their birth certificate on the first day of class.
- Course payment may be made online or by check on the first day of class.
- Parents/guardians may schedule their child’s drive times using the online scheduler or the instructor will schedule them on the last day of class.
- Student time on the Driving Simulator will be scheduled by Precision.
- Parents/guardians will receive an email from Precision Driving Academy with the date of the Emergency class (separate from course time).
- Each student must schedule their DMV Road Skill Test after taking the written test with the state.
For more information, contact Mr. Rick Gardache at Precision Driving Academy – 985-231-7376.