Help Make the Auction a Success
It takes the support and generosity of many individuals to run a successful event like the Crimson and Navy Gala Auction. The success of our auction depends on our having a wide variety of interesting and appealing auction items at every level. Please join our parents, alumni and friends and local businesses in making a donation of merchandise or services to the auction. If you need some ideas, try any one of the following:
- Gift Baskets: Last year, we had over 100 baskets with themes ranging from “a romantic evening” to “pampered pooch.” You name it, we had it! You can make up an entire basket of your own or send in something that can be used in another basket. We are looking for donations of CDs, gardening utensils, food, fine wines, kitchen gadgets, golf items, best-sellers, spa items and certificates for men and women, coffee, picnicking necessities and more.. let your imagination go wild!
- New Orleans Memorabilia: Especially for fans of New Orleans, the Saints and the Hornets. Consider donating any kind of New Orleans memorabilia as well as New Orleans-related prints and books. Contact New Orleans celebrities – TV and radio hosts local authors – and ask then to donate something. Auction guests love to bid on tour and cruise certificates, food, box seats, theater tickets and just about anything with a New Orleans flavor.
- Entertainment-Related Items: Some of our more popular items in this category include weekend hotel packages, spa services, opera or symphony tickets and show tickets from any New Orleans and Northshore theaters. Dinner tickets are really a big hit. These can be from your neighborhood favorite or any restaurant. We could also use health club memberships and services, department/clothing store certificates, and personal services from professional organizations, maids, life trainers and hair stylists. How about taxi coupons, pet grooming certificates, vacation getaways or piano/guitar lessons? Let your imagination soar!
- Sports and Health: To really get the sports fans attention, we seek tickets to sporting events (Saints, Hornets, LSU, Tulane, Loyola etc.) perhaps from season ticket holders, owners or players. We would be grateful for sports memorabilia, autographs, apparel (including college items, team jerseys and sporting equipment.) Golf outings are popular (perhaps at your club as one in the foursome), as are passes for race tracks, health clubs and gyms. We can use certificates for sports camps, ice skating lessons, Notre Dame tickets, bowling parties, pool parties and workout DVDs.
- Archbishop Hannan High School Items: An ode to our favorite school, the Auction will feature Archbishop Hannan related memorabilia, artwork, sports, clothing and accessories, experiences and other items. Faculty, staff and administrators often generously contribute to this table. Parents and alumni also usually contribute items (some custom made) relevant to Archbishop Hannan High School and its traditions. We are calling all alumni to give items from their businesses or items that you have made. We want an entire auction table to shine with the talents of our Hannan community.
- Home and Garden Suggestions: Kitchen and bath, electronics, small appliances, tools, luggage, desk accessories, cookbooks, laptop computers, bar ware, power washing services, artwork, home improvement certificates, decorating and repair services and articles for the garden or patio are especially popular. Gift cards seem to bring a great response. We welcome your gracious household items!
- Other Ideas: Fine Wines, International Beers, Microwaves, Toasters, Coffeemakers, Fine Framed Art, Art Glass Vases, Antiques, Wii, iPod, Xbox, Guitar Hero, TV, Portable Refrigerator, Kindle, Laptop, iPad, Cigars, Chain Saw, Lawn Mower, Cordless Drill, Hand Painted Table, Throws, Unique Ottoman, Tickets for Sporting Events, Autographed Sports Memorabilia, Jewelry, Handbags, Champagne Flutes, Wine Glasses, Bird Feeder, Barbeque Utensils and any gift of any type or value is welcome and will help make the Auction a success!
For more information or to donate an item, please contact Mrs. Jill Hogan at 985-249-6363.