The Hannan Experience
At Archbishop Hannan High School we invite prospective students to spend a day on campus. A Hawk For a Day shadow visit gives prospective students the opportunity to experience the traditions, students and faculty that make Archbishop Hannan High School a unique academic community. At the end of the school day the participant walks away with a much better idea of whether Archbishop Hannan is the right school for them. Seventh and eighth grade students are welcome to visit Archbishop Hannan during the fall semester and ninth grade students are welcome during the spring semester.
Shadow Days are scheduled throughout the Fall. Please contact our Admission Director, Mr. Fiedler, to arrange for your child’s shadow day.
Available dates in October:
Friday, Oct. 5 - Monday, Oct. 8 - Friday, Oct. 12 - Monday, Oct. 15 - Monday, Oct. 22 Monday, Oct. 29
Available dates in November:
Friday, Nov. 2 - Monday, Nov. 5 - Friday, Nov. 9 - Monday, Nov. 12
Shadow Day Highlights
- Meet your future teachers, coaches and administrators
- Participate in classes and discussions
- Try to take a quiz or test
- Enjoy lunch in our Dining Hall
- Watch an athletic practice or game
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who will be my host? The visiting “Hawk for a Day” will be paired with one of our Archbishop Hannan High School Student Ambassadors.
- What do I wear? Please wear dress pants, dress shoes, and a dress shirt. You may also wear your school uniform if you prefer.
- When should I be dropped off and picked up? Your ride should drop you off by 7:55 AM at the School Reception Area (just inside the school entrance). Our Admissions Director will be there to greet you. Pick up will be at the entrance to the school building at 12:15 p.m.
- Do I need to bring anything? You are not required to bring anything. However, you are welcome to bring a notebook and pen if you would like to take notes on your experience. Lunch will be provided.
- When and how can I schedule a Hawk for a Day shadow visit? To schedule a visit, please email or contact our Admissions Director at 985-249-6363. Space is limited, please call one week in advance to schedule your visit.