The Archbishop Hannan Technology Department strives to support the students, faculty, and staff as they use technology in their support of the mission of Archbishop Hannan High School. In particular, we provide training and support to faculty and encourage them to incorporate technology in their teaching and learning. We provide technical support for all the hardware and software on campus that is used by all employees and students. The goal of the Technology Department is to prepare all Archbishop Hannan students to be both confident and competent in the use of technology wherever they may find it in their future studies.
Classroom Instructional Technology
- Every student is issued an Apple iPad2 for use throughout the academic year.
- Every faculty member is issued an iPad2 and laptop computer to aid with their instructional techniques.
- Ten classrooms are equipped with Smart Boards.
- All classrooms have overhead LCD projectors and wall mounted flat screen televisions. Digital document overhead projectors are available in 15 classrooms throughout the different departments.
1:1 iPad Program
Archbishop Hannan is committed to providing our students with the best education possible, equipping them with the knowledge and tools they will need both now and in the future. After months of discussion, testing, and researching the pros and cons of various hardware and software options, the school administration has selected the Apple iPad2 as the cornerstone for our ongoing 1:1 technology program—the Hannan iPad Advantage.
This innovative lease program ensures that Hannan students will be uniquely prepared for academic and professional success in the years to come. This technology will help our students become better at research, compiling and organizing data, publishing, and presenting information. Ultimately, the Hannan iPad Advantage will empower students of all learning styles and abilities to be lifelong learners who can easily adapt to new situations and new technologies in their lives and careers.
The choice of the iPad2 over other laptop and notebook options came down to the iPad’s intuitive operating system, portability, versatility of use, and availability of subject-related apps. Listed below are just a few of the many ways our students will utilize this new learning resource and tool:
- Keep track of assignments and tests
- Create and edit documents in Microsoft Office compatible formats
- Take and organize notes
- Instantly access Internet and audio-visual material
- Utilize cloud-based storage capabilities
- Access e-books and e-textbooks, as well as PDF documents
- Enhance learning opportunities using subject-specific apps.